Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voting, T.M., My Plans, Music Videos, Actual Work

     Heynow. It's election day and I'm not registered in Tennessee. I guess I could goto Barbourville and vote but I don't know who's running anymore. I guess I'm an independent now since when I first registered I became a Republican and now my views are more Democratic. I guess George W. Bush turned me off to Republicans and what their views on things. I don't want to get too political, even though I don't think anyone will read this. Just vote for what you think is right and right for the country. I don't really know who's running in Tennessee. I usually do a lot of research when I vote for someone, not just go by negative commercial attacks.
     I've been learning to meditate for a while now. I haven't done it in a few days so I will hopefully do it today. I've never really had a mentor about transcendental meditation (or T.M.), I've been trying to self teach it. Which I think is better because when someone is teaching me something I want to know, I kinda space out anyway. If something is so important to me, I should research it myself and learn it on my own.
     I have a few things to do lately: meditate, paintings (I have one painting idea called: Cloud Tree), today Laundry, and play a new video (I got yesterday and that's what I did all day yesterday). The video game is Goldeneye 007 for Wii. It actually comes out today but I pre-ordered and it came in the mail yesterday. So far, it's really awesome. Okay heres the plan: go home after work, meditate for half an hour or so, then do laundry, probably eat dinner, then start and finish Cloud Tree (because it's very simple). Then if there's enough time (probably not), I'll play one level of the game. Then again it all depends on when I get off of work. It could be 3:45 or it could be 5 o'clock.
     I'm thinking about making another video with the four head square thing and playing a song. It'll be either "Two Of Us" by the Beatles or "I Live For You" by George Harrison. I'm trying to think of other songs that I know on multiple instruments. Maybe a song with the ukulele! "Tonight, You Belong To Me" is a good one on ukulele from the movie "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. Recording something like that can be frustrating because you have to play the whole thing without messing up. 1.)You've got audio recording you and 2.) you have video recording you, so it's a good thing it's not on cassettes anymore. That would be very wasteful. "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles would be really, really hard (TWSS) to record. I might try it soon. I'm still thinking of songs to play "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters, maybe "Hey Jude" because I recently learned how to play piano to that song. "Imagine", "Eleanor Rigby" might be good too. I don't know a lot of songs on piano but I know the chords. "Heart Of Gold", "Old Man", "Only Love Can Break Your Heart", "The Needle & The Damage Done", "Comes A Time", "Harvest Moon" all by Neil Young. Mainly songs that have acoustic guitar, electric guitar (not too loud, I don't want to piss off my neighbors), bass guitar, keyboard / piano, harmonica (in G and Am), and ukulele.
     Just finished lunch and now have a lot of work to do. My boss came in a we've got a new project to do. A new addition on a county health center in Tennessee. I need to scan, transfer, and analyze the old plans and add in the addition from paper to computer. That's all for now, back to actual work. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment