Saturday, November 20, 2010

Candle Wax Sculpture, Records

     Heynow. Today has been kinda been productive. I got one painting done out of three (or five counting mine). That's actually about it. I am doing some stuff with that sculpture with the pieces of wood and candle wax. I think I might be done. It's a slow process but it's fun. I'll make sure I'll post a picture here and maybe Facebook. I've already have a name for it, "Asian Autumn". The pieces of wood formed makes me think of Chinese and Japanese style architecture and the candle wax reminds me of the leaves changing and the color they change into, plus the candle wax smells like pumpkin pie. Also, I have a plastic cup that I filled in all the other candle wax colors and I think I'll put that piece on top of the sculpture, when I remove the cup. To make them form together, I'll just put the piece on top then pour wax on the sides to make them stick. Hopefully, it'll work out great.
     I'm at home, listening to some records. First was "Blue Moon of Kentucky" by Bill Monroe on a 78, then it was Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits 1 on a 33 1/3, now it's John Lennon: Legend on a 33 1/3. So great. It's a good idea to play vinyl records when blogging. Try it out if you have the materials. It's quite invigorating. I need to get some more vinyl records. I've been meaning to buy Revolver but has not had a chance or money at the time. I'll ask for it for Christmas or something. In Utero would be good too. I did make a list of what all vinyl records I should get. I might still have it, let me look.........I guess I don't have it on this computer. I'm pretty sure I have it on my work computer, but here's what I can remember: Foo Fighters - The Colour & The Shape (might still get it), Nirvana - In Utero (probably get it), The Beatles - Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (probably get both of those), if Darrell has a vinyl record of any kind that would be awesome, George Harrison - Brainwashed (maybe), and Johnny Cash - Live from San Quentin (maybe). 
     Okay, I might be going to a party tonight so I need to get ready. My life is exciting, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment