Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Acrylic Pour Paintings on Vinyl Records (Upcycle)

      Heynow! I've done a lot of pours now on vinyl records and it's a good area to paint. It's pretty cheap for a boxset of four records for $2. Then again you do need to add a frame to hold it together. Here are some paintings that are still available in my Etsy Shop:

Previously untitled, I decided to add layers of different color pours and take off the painters tape to show the best parts of each pour. There are three different color layers on there.

This was one of the first pours on vinyl. I also tried to use silicone oil to have the affect of cells in rows. The colors remind me of Indian corn (red, yellow, & purple).

Lava Rose
This a new one, I haven't posted it on Esty yet but I need to take some more photos of this one. I used painters tape and a stencil for this one. A lot of times I'll apply painters tape to the record, draw out the stencil and then use a utility knife to take off the inside stencil. Apply the pour, wait for it to dry and then peel off the rest of the tape. Applying a resin finish is more expensive but worth it. It makes it pop and show off the colors more.

A silhouette of Leia again but on vinyl. It's a subtle silhouette but once you see it in person, you can tell a difference. I really like this one.

 
I really liked these colors. It reminds me of the 90's solo cups with the same name.

Winter Daisy
Another new one that hasn't been posted yet on my Etsy shop. I used glow in the dark green paint in the middle. For the pour I used: red, orange, white, and yellow but the red really dominated this piece.


That's all the vinyl record acrylic pours that I've done lately. Check out the wooden pixel art pieces. Later peeps. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment