Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Acrylic Pour Paintings on Canvas / Wood

      Heynow! It's been a while since I have posted and I'm sorry about that. I will try and do better with adding artwork and ideas to my blog. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of acrylic pour paintings and I'd like to share them below: (all the paintings below can be found on my Etsy Shop

My first pour

My first silhouette pour
(I used princess Leia for the silhouette)

My second silhouette pour
(I used Han Solo for the silhouette)

I used painters tape to get the shape on the polygon bird
My first test using painters tape

Using glow in the dark painting
The slightly lighter paint is glow in the dark.
It looked a lot better when I poured it because it was white colored but once it dried, it became translucent. It looks good under a black light but in the day light, not so much.


I upcycled this goodwill find and it looks like the superman ice cream so that's why I like the title of this one.

I was excited to make a Mandalorian painting before season 1 came out and I'm still invested in it during season 2. A great show and a great painting.

A confusing name but it rhymes.
Another upcycle from goodwill. This was a plaque to mount a deer head so I did a pour using the string pull technique. I've done a few of those and they have turned out great. I'll probably do some more and adding a silhouette.

The colors remind me of a Wonka candy bar from the movie "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory".

I cut this piece of plywood out in the shape of my state and had no idea what to do with it. I also routed the outside shape to make it have dimension. After I did that, I decided to do a pour and this is how it ended up.

This is another upcycle from goodwill. I found this thought it was a cool shape to do a pour on. At the time, it was around Halloween so I used Halloween colors (orange, purple, black).

This is probably my favorite so far. Mainly because I applied a resin finish to it but the glittery paint I used sets it off! This was also my first time using the lazy susan to spin the canvas and get a galaxy feel to it.


     That's all the canvas / wood acrylic pour paintings that I have so far. I'll have another post about the vinyl record pours and the latest wooden pixel art paintings too. Later peeps




No comments:

Post a Comment